Collector Car Insurance
You have a passion for collector cars. We have a passion for insuring them.
Your collector cars are more than just a mode of transportation. They are treasures you’ve been tinkering with for years. Some of these vehicles are pieces of history representing a remarkable journey through time. At Frankenmuth Insurance, collector car insurance has been offered since 1921.
Our coverage was designed for these types of collector cars:
- Antique cars: Vehicles at least 25 years old and used primarily for car club activities, shows, parades, and limited pleasure driving.
- Classic cars: Vehicles less than 25 years old and used primarily for car club activities, shows, parades, and limited pleasure driving.
- Street rods: Vehicles modified from original manufactured stock and used primarily for car club activities, shows, parades, and limited pleasure driving.
Similar to a standard auto insurance policy, a collector car insurance policy covers:
- Vehicle damage
- Property damage
- Accidental loss of spare parts and/or accessories (up to $500)
- Medical expenses and funeral expenses
- Accidental injury to others and accidental death
- Work loss benefits (MI only)
- Defense and court costs for covered claims
- 24/7 emergency roadside assistance and towing coverage (available for purchase)
In the event of a total loss to your collector car, we will pay the amount that you and your agent have agreed to be the vehicle’s value shown on your declaration prior to the loss.
If you’re looking for auto insurance coverage for your collector cars, contact one of our local, independent agents today. Our auto insurance is available in Michigan and Ohio. Coverage is available in Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont through our subsidiary, Patriot Insurance Company. And… for a fun, quick read, check out 17 fun facts about classic cars.